Natural Features: ( Nature Photos >>)
- Spectacular views of Butte Creek Canyon, the northern section of California’s Central Valley, Sutter Buttes, the coastal range that separates the central valley from the northern California coastal region, and Chico night lights.
- Butte Creek Canyon is often called “the little Grand Canyon of Butte County” by locals.
- Year round creek
- Four seasons, with snow levels that are variable from year to year, but rarely lasting more than a few days at this elevation.
- Heavily forested site with soaring Ponderosa Pine, 100 year old Cedars, a canopy of Black Oak trees, some Douglas Fir, and stands of Manzanita.
- The buildings are situated to feature trees and valley views as well as southern exposure.
- Beautiful and interesting sky views: spectacular sunsets, watching the changing weather, fog drifting into the canyon, interesting and beautiful cloud formations, tracking the movement of the moon
- Wildlife – deer, fox, squirrels, bears, cougars, eagles, hawks, lynx, rabbits, wild turkeys, raccoon, skunks, buzzards and a multitude of different birds.
Location: (more info about location>>)
- On the edge of Butte Creek Canyon, in Butte County, in a United States Designated Census Place known as Magalia, California
- Elevation is 2200 feet
- The nearest small town is Paradise, California (elevation 1200 – 2400 ft.)
- The nearest large town is Chico, California (elevation 245 feet)
- About two hours north of Sacramento, California
Three separate lots in this estate: (click on plot map to see full size)
- AP 066-360-094: (13707 Nimshew Rd) 11.65 acres with two structures – the main house and the guest house / shop, which contains a large shop, guest apartment and garage space for three vehicles. The shop also has an over-sized garage door to accommodate RV parking.
- AP 066-360-016: (13705 Nimshew Rd) 7.28 acres with a one bedroom home that is currently rented, but could function as an additional guest house or caretaker’s home.
- AP 066-360-021: (13692 Nimshew Rd) 0.62 acres without improvements, located adjacent to Nimshew Road.